I struggled with anxiety and stress for over 15 years.

Could you spare a minute to read my reviews on my anxiety page and let me know what you think of my advice?

To read the reviews click on this link at http://managingfear.com/reviews/

Thanks!

Monday, July 11, 2016

How To Tell Others About Your Mental Health Problems

How to talk to your friends about your stresses and anxieties:

1. Listen To The Professionals And Not Your Friends–Your friends may mean well, but when it comes down to it, the professionals know your situation more than anyone.

2. Your Goal Is To Get Better–Your goal is to get better, period. Don’t waste your time arguing with your friends or relatives who are giving you a difficult time.

3. Tell Your Friends To Learn About Your Condition–Tell your friends and relatives that the best way for them to help you is to learn about your condition. They could talk to a counselor, they could do family therapy, they could read some good books or join you at a support group to learn about your condition.

4. Distance Yourself From People Who Give You A Hard Time– Distance yourself from those people who won’t make an effort to help understand what you are going through. You need to surround yourself with positive and supportive people.

5. Remember your goal is to get better. Treat your mental health issues as a medical condition. If you have a medical condition, you go see a doctor to help treat it.  Don’t try to get everyone’s approval.

BIOGRAPHY:
I am doing a survey. Could you spare a minute to read my reviews on my anxiety page and let me know what you think of my advice?  It would really help me out….. Click on this link at  http://managingfear.com/reviews/

No comments:

Post a Comment